River Glen Golf Course Real Estate
You’ll find many homes built in the 1990s and later in the River Glen subdivision. Most homes in this area are custom-built, and feature brick exteriors, or a combination of siding, brick and/or stone. Architecturally, these would be best described as modern ranches, neo-eclectics, or even Colonial Revival. One thing they are not is boring. River Glen real estate was designed to catch the eye and appeal to modern sensibilities.
Search for all River Glen Golf Course Homes for sale
A Home located off the River Glen Golf Course
River Glen Golf Course Real Estate with a View
Another subdivision that enjoys these amazing golf course views is the Barrington Ridge subdivision. Most homes in Barrington Ridge are in the 3,000+ square foot range. Brick and stucco exteriors are the norm. Like River Glen, these are well-built, custom homes designed to stand the test of time. If you enjoy upscale living, and are passionate about the game of golf, you owe it to yourself to see what the Barrington Ridge subdivision has to offer.
Entry to the Barrington Ridge Subdivision
A home in the Barrington Ridge Subdivision
Barrington Ridge Subdivision Real Estate
Let’s face it, what golf lover doesn’t want to own a home on a golf course? The reality is, golf course homes will always fetch a higher price compared to non-course homes. So buying one these homes is not your typical real estate purchase; it is an investment. Now is a great time to buy a home in the River Glen area. And don’t forget, owning a home at River Glen means living in the great town of Fishers, which is a desirable thing in itself, with attractions and things to do like visiting Conner Prairie or even catching the Symphony on the Prairie.
About the River River Glen Golf Course
The River Glen Golf Course is located in at 12010 Clubhouse Drive in Fishers, Indiana. This 18-hole, par-71 course was designed by Gary Kern in 1990. Though it is among the newer courses in Central Indiana, River Glen was cleverly designed to look much older and more established. By working with and preserving many of the land’s existing natural features, Kern was able to achieve the look and feel of a course that is many decades old.
Water Feature at the River Glen Golf Course
Stairway leading to the River Glen Golf Course
Deck overlooking the River Glen Golf Course
Features like the White River, tall trees and a variety of wildlife all contribute to a very natural and flowing course design. Indeed, it’s hard not to be awestruck by the beauty of this course. Perhaps what is most surprising, though, is that a course of this caliber and beauty is open to the public. But then, this fits with the philosophy of the River Glen Golf Course, that golf is a game that should be enjoyed by people everywhere, of all ages and skill levels.
Red Tail Tavern at River Glen Golf Course
Outdoor dining area at rear of River Glen Clubhouse
- The Red Tail Tavern is available for guests who want to step into the shade and grab a bite to eat and enjoy refreshing beverage.
- A covered bridge serves not only as a quaint-but-functional, aesthetic touch, but is also a great place to hold social events, such as weddings and graduation ceremonies.
- River Glen is a nice place to hold special events. The banquet facilities, which include bar service, can accommodate well over 150 guests. And River Glen staff is well versed in coordinating for a whole range of events, such as corporate get-togethers, graduation parties, anniversary parties, birthday celebrations, family reunions, weddings, charitable events, company meetings and retreats and retirement parties. River Glen staff can cook up meals for your event, or they can refer you to any one of several trusted caterers.
- Swimming lessons for people of all ages. River Glen’s staff is available and on-site to provide personal, one-on-one swimming instruction, or even semi-private lessons.
- Themed parties, pizza Parties and even ice cream parties.
- A driving range where golfers can work on perfecting their long game.
- Several different leagues that are tailored to a variety of different players, including a Monday morning, 18-hole mens league, a Tuesday morning, 9-hole ladies league, a 9-hole “Humpday Afternoon League”, an 18-hole “Thursday Morning Ladies”, a 9-hole “Busy Ladies League” and an 18-hole “Saturday Morning Mens Club”.
- A pro shop, which carries a full line of the best golf gear, golf apparel, etc.